Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills

I'm excited to post a review for an upcoming book by one of my favorite author friends--DiAnn Mills. She is a dear person, gentle and kind.

Here is the back cover copy of her next book (due out in March, 2009)--

Paige Rogers survived every CIA operative’s worst nightmare.

A covert mission gone terribly wrong.

A betrayal by the one man she thought she could trust.

Forced to disappear to protect the lives of her loved ones, Paige has spent the last several years building a quiet life as a small-town librarian. But the day a stranger comes to town and starts asking questions, Paige knows her careful existence has been shattered.

He is coming after her again. And this time, he intends to silence her for good.

Because I have a stack of books in line for reviews and because my husband loves suspenseful reads, I asked DiAnn's permission for him to review her book. She was glad to give us the nod. So, here is my husband Paul's review of Breach of Trust. (He's becoming a regular guest reviewer over here. I like this setup! *grin*)

"Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills was a thoroughly enjoyable read that I enthusiastically recommend. Having grown up reading bestselling thrillers and spy stories by such legendary authors as Robert Ludlum, Tom Clancy and Clive Cussler, I developed an appetite for a tightly woven story of suspense, mystery, drama and excitement with occasional plot surprises that keep you guessing until the end. For those who share my interests, this novel will not disappoint and may keep you up at night flipping pages. But as a romantic suspense novel, Breach of Trust manages to skillfully blend the action and suspense with a believable and appealing romantic plot that tugs on your heart strings and makes you yearn for the impossible to happen between the two lead characters. Add to that a dangerous yet respected villain, and the themes of former spy woman hiding out as a small town librarian, international intrigue, political corruption, dealing with the ghosts of the past, and putting everything on the line for a greater cause, and you get a tale that satisfies on multiple fronts. I can’t wait to read more of these from the author."

There you have it. Look for this one next spring. Thanks again to my dear husband who read it for review. If I get the chance, I'd love to read it, too. Thanks DiAnn for continuing to inspire readers and writers. We wish you all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment