Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Books

Yesterday a box of books arrived. I added them next to the row of novels for review on the shelf. I've gotta fit them in somehow. And then there are the ones I've been wanting to read from last year, on another shelf. And a few from the local library when I get a chance. It's wonderfully overwhelming. :o) If you're a writer, you know reading is part of your job. You gotta stay up to date with what's out there. And reading other people's books in your genre will help you write better and find your own voice. I love that I get to read as part of my work. Of course, since I've been studying writing, novels are a project now--textbooks to dissect and learn from.

So, look for reviews of Jamie Carie's "Wind Dancer," Denise Hunter's "Sweetwater Gap," and Karen Kingsbury's "Take One," book one in her new "Above the Line" series.

And great news about some of the authors I've featured here: Denise Hunter, Rachel Hauck and Susan May Warren (in the order they popped into my head) are all RITA finalists!!!! This is a great achievement and is very exciting!!! Ladies, we wish you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment