Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Courteous Cad by Catherine Palmer


I've long been a fan of Catherine Palmer's, so I was thrilled to receive a copy of her new release to read for review.

First, a bit about the book:

On her tour of the English countryside, a chance encounter in the streets alerts Miss Prudence Watson to the inhumane working conditions at the worsted mill. She learns that the owner is William Sherbourne, a Royal Naval officer just returned from sea. Following in his wake is his reputation as a cad and a secret so ghastly he'll do anything to protect it. Even worse, he's handsome and charming and not at all the villain Prudence expected him to be.

And now, my review:

Catherine Palmer’s characters, the warmth she infused into her stories, and the well-crafted romantic element all shine in her upcoming release—The Courteous Cad.

This was my first exposure to her series including Miss Pickworth, yet I didn’t feel like I was thrust into a world I couldn’t understand or a cast of characters I couldn’t follow. I enjoy reading a novel without feeling I need to go back and read the previous books in a series. Catherine gave me that reading pleasure with this book.

What lover of inspirational romance would expect to admire a cad as a hero? Yet, I did. Catherine’s hero was believable and likable, and flawed. I took to him immediately.

Her heroine’s drive to help the down-trodden mill workers draws respect from the reader, and though you may not agree with her methods, you have to admire her spunk.

I appreciated the history included in Catherine’s novel. Also, the regency setting caused me to crave another viewing of a Jane Austen film.

A delightful read.

Highly recommended.

This book is available now through Amazon.com. For more information, visit Catherine's Web site here.

1 comment:

  1. I have read this book and it was a delightful read.
    tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete