Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Victorian Christmas by Catherine Palmer


I so enjoy reading novella compilations at Christmastime, so when this one came as a freebie for Kindle, I downloaded it. Especially considering it’s written by Catherine Palmer, one of my favorite authors of Christian historical romance. She has a way with story and characters that wins me over.

Let’s begin with the summary:
A beautiful patchwork of four novellas about love and joy at Christmastime by best selling author Catherine Palmer. These four novellas were previously published in four anthologies—A Victorian Christmas Quilt, A Victorian Christmas Tea, A Victorian Christmas Cottage, and A Victorian Christmas Keepsake. Return to a time when life was uncomplicated, faith was sincere … and love was a gift to be cherished forever. Includes author’s favorite holiday recipes.
And now my thoughts:
Each story immerses you in the Christmas spirit. You’ll be there with the characters. And all the characters are diverse, from a Texan quilter to a lord in England. Each of these novellas was previously published, but having all four together under one title is great for Catherine’s fans (like me). And though I may have read the novellas before (some go as far back as 2001), I still enjoyed them.
I liked reading these on my Kindle as well, in e-book format. You can see where you are in the story and that each story will be 25% of the total. A fun element.
Also, it easy to become immersed into every story, to feel for the characters and care about their pursuit of happiness in love. Of course, all the stories were wholesome and when you add the Christmas element, very enjoyable. One thing I noticed, though, too, is that you wouldn’t have to read them at Christmastime. Of course, the holiday element is present, but they don’t all begin on Christmas day, so you can read them whenever you like, whenever fits your schedule. An enjoyable read!

No comments:

Post a Comment