Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Book Review: Brentwood's Ward by Michelle Griep




New Release by Barbour Publishing January 1, 2015

Let’s begin with the summary:

Place an unpolished lawman named Nicholas Brentwood as guardian over a spoiled, pompous beauty named Emily Payne and what do you get? More trouble than Brentwood bargains for. She is determined to find a husband this season. He just wants the large fee her father will pay him to help his ailing sister. After a series of dire mishaps, both their desires are thwarted, but each discovers that no matter what, God is in charge.

And now, my review:

This well-written story hooked me from the first pages. The romance drew me in, as did the intrigue. I liked how the author mixed genres, in a sense, to give us this story. 

There were plenty of plot twists. And her writing voice? Fantastic. She employed fresh prose, and I laughed aloud a few times. 

I recently hosted this author on my co-hosted writers’ blog. Her article held such a strong writing voice, I decided to set aside other books and read this ARC for review. I’m glad I did. Sometimes I take breaks from reading novels to check out others, then come back. I didn’t with this title—I had to read straight through. I love when that happens. 

Not only is her prose very strong, but she crafted strong characters and used skillfully layered plot elements. I found deep, true emotion throughout. 

Honestly, one of my favorite reads in a long time. 

Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment