Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Creature Garden: An Illustrator's Guide by Zanna Goldhawk and Harry Goldhawk



The Creature Garden: An Illustrator's Guide

The Creature Garden: An Illustrator's Guide to Beautiful Beasts & Fictional Fauna
by Zanna Goldhawk; Harry Goldhawk

With all the focus lately on adult coloring books and creative journaling, I wanted to check out this book for illustrators. I don’t fancy myself a sketch artist, and oftentimes my work is elementary, but this book makes drawing animals a bit easier. 

If I had a copy of this in hardcover, I might have attempted to draw some of the animals. You can go on Amazon and see a few of the images from inside the book. When teaching, artists give us the circles or other basic shapes so we can build on those. As a non-sketcher (ha!), even that intimidates me. 

But if you were serious about sketching and wanted a tool to use for fictional flora and fauna, this is a great one. You’ll find some fantasy here, which is freeing. Every creature doesn’t have to be photo perfect. 

So, indulge your creative side! 

I received a short-term free ebook copy from the publisher in exchange for my unbiased opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment