Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cup of Hope by Hope Wilbanks


Recently a reader of my devotional blog contacted me to review her devotional book, "Cup of Hope." It is my pleasure to highlight her collection today. Though her name is Hope, the book was actually written (she explains in her opening pages) to provide hope to readers. But what a fitting name for her first book! And what's not to love about that cover?!

I enjoying picking up devotional books. Written for quick reading, they offer a lot of punch in few words. Oftentimes, our sovereign God orchestrates meeting with us as we read. I love that!

As I read Hope's devotional, I found moments like that. Hope also isn't afraid to tell the truth. Here's what I mean:

A bright light shone in my face. It blinded me. It startled me because I wasn’t expecting it. That light is called Truth. Truth is sometimes ugly. Sometimes painful. Sometimes sad. But truth is uplifting. Truth is powerful. Truth is the tool that, when taken in hand, will lead you out of your misery.

I couldn't agree more. Readers will enjoy her thoughtfulness and find nuggets of takeaway for their busy schedules. Hope has prepared meaningful pages (one page per day, mostly) to encourage and exhort readers, while glorifying Jesus (who is the Truth). I recommend this devotional.

For more information, see her website at www.hopewilbanks.com. You can purchase the book here. I wish her all the best as she pursues her dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment