Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Door County Christmas by Eileen Key, Becky Melby, Rachael Phillips & Cynthia Ruchti

Readers, if you enjoy curling up with a holiday read at Christmastime, you'll love this four-in-one offering from Barbour.

Let's begin with the blurb:

Peer behind the closed doors of a Wisconsin tourist town gone dormant for the winter season. Watch as the drama and romance start to heat up--just as Lola the florist promised her four single friends a year ago when she gifted them with her prayers and a Christmas cactus. Will each woman find love--along with cactus blooms--as promised?

And now, here's my review:

There’s nothing like reading Christmas fiction at Christmastime. In this book, you get immersed in a lovely Wisconsin locale and you get to dive into the lives of some varied characters. We watched grandparents get together, as well as young singles. My favorite novella was Rachael Phillips’ Ride With Me Into Christmas. In September, 2009, I was there at the America Christian Fiction Writers’ conference when Rachael was surprised by Barbour’s contract offer. This is her first published fiction. What a thrill for her and her writing buds!

I’m unfamiliar with the setting of Door County, but these authors take you there. These sweet stories swallow you up in Christmas romance. Throw in some symbolism via the Christmas cacti, and you're in for a nice read on those cozy, wintry evenings.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Annette! We four authors had a sweet and memorable experience working on this project...and falling in love with these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Cynthia! My pleasure. Wishing you all the best in your writing this coming year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That WAS a memorable moment for me, Annette, and I'm glad you shared it! (Even though I was so stunned most of the photos show my mouth hanging open and my eyes blank as a gray TV screen--huge DUH.) Your enjoyment of my story means so much. Cynthia Ruchti, Becky Melby, Eileen Key and I had a wonderful time writing together. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rachael. My pleasure. Write on!

    ReplyDelete