Friday, October 12, 2018

A Search for Refuge by Kristi Ann Hunter

FREE NOVELLA: A Search for Refuge



I enjoy Kristi’s books. Click over to Amazon and pick up this e-novella for free!

Let’s begin with the summary:

Margaretta Fortescue desperately needs to disappear from London society, and her only hope is to follow the rumors of another young woman who recently made a life for herself away from the glare of society. Her search leads her to the market town of Marlborough where, in spite of her efforts to avoid attention, she can't seem to elude local solicitor Nash Banfield.

All Nash wants is a quiet, sedate life--no risks or surprises. When Margaretta, clearly on the run and unwilling to answer questions, interrupts his solitude, his curiosity and his principles won't let him leave this determined woman without assistance.

But will discovering the truth about Margaretta make him think twice about finally taking a risk on love?

A Search for Refuge is an e-only novella that gives an exciting introduction to Kristi Ann Hunter's new Regency historical romance series, Haven Manor! Includes an extended excerpt of the first full-length novel in the series, A Defense of Honor.

And now, my review:

I enjoy Kristi’s prose. She includes cheery humor, especially in the elderly woman character. That’s enjoyable.

The hero’s wound keeps him fearful, and in order to protect the woman he loves, he keeps his distance. I thought his reasoning was interesting and fitting. Even today, there are no guarantees. (I'll leave it to you to read the book to discover what his hang-up is.)

The heroine has her secrets, but as the reader you may catch on right away. I sympathized with her and wanted things to work out.

This was a beautiful romance. And once again, as with previous Kristi Ann Hunter novels, I found myself highlighting beautiful phrases that could apply to me.

I’m off to read more books by this author.

Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment