Thursday, December 4, 2008

Writing Update

I just posted the covers for devotional books I've been involved with over the last few years: Penned From the Heart, volumes xii - xv (see sidebar). Their current daily devotional book just released with a couple of my devos included. For more information about Penned, click over to my website: www.annetteirby.com and click on non-fiction.

I've also just posted a blog entry (over at Net's Notes) about reading devotionals and/or having devotional time with the Lord everyday.

As I listened to a teaching today from ACFW's 2008 writer's conference, workshop teacher Sharon Hinck (www.sharonhinck.com) reminded listeners/students that to write works of spiritual depth, we must be people of spiritual depth. That happens through daily time with God so He can shape us. Check out the full post at Net's Notes.


It's a balance for me between reading the Bible (an absolute must) and other non-fiction, and all the fiction I read for reviews and entertainment. But God is faithful and gracious to help me keep that balance. Reading is such a gift. (I know, a verb used as a noun, work with me here. ;-)

Happy, edifying reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment